Before founding Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited (‘RBAS’), I was a director in PwC’s Financial Services Risk and Regulatory practice where I advised financial services organisations on complex and sensitive issues.
I retired from PwC at the end of 2016 and, since then, have followed the Brexit debate with great interest, which led me to develop the Brexit FactBase to provide accessible and objective information.
My career with PwC, the global professional services firm, spanned 25 years and included working for clients in many different industries and countries. In addition to consultancy, I have held senior line management positions, seconded from Coopers & Lybrand as Finance Director to Barclaycard, and, before PwC, as Finance Director at Hertz UK.
My publications while at PwC included two books:
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Banking Regulation : Mastering the New Regulatory Landscape (Thomson Reuters, November 2016).
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Basel III and Beyond (Thomson Reuters, June 2011).
I am a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a graduate of Manchester University.
Thanks to David Corless for collaborating with me on the initial presentation in 2016 and providing helpful comments as the website developed. Thanks also to David Hitchcock of Logical Events (http://logicalevents.org) who has provided sustained advice, help and guidance on the development of the web version of the Brexit FactBase.
Thanks to those who commented on drafts of the FactBase sections including Charles Tannock MEP, Professor Alan Winters, Professor Jonathan Portes, Professor Catharine Macmillan, Michael O’Connor, Mike Smith, Naomi Weir and others.
The Brexit FactBase draws on many excellent sources including:
- House of Commons Library, House of Commons Committees, House of Lords Committees, European Commission, Eurostat, Office of National Statistics.
- FullFact, IMF, Institute for Government, Institute for Fiscal Studies, Migration Observatory, OECD, United Nations, World Bank,
- Bruegel Institute, Chatham House, EY, Friends of the Earth, KingsFund, KPMG, Marine Conservation Society, PwC, Rand Corporation,
References to sources are provided throughout the document.
Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited
Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited (‘RBAS’) is an independent consulting firm.
In addition to Brexit, we provide risk and regulatory advice. We specialise in prudential regulation including risk appetite, stress testing, risk and remuneration and capital management. For further information, please contact Richard Barfield at email@example.com.
Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09993013.