Terms and conditions of use for brexitfactbase.com
Last updated 11 April 2018
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. This Website is “brexitfactbase.com”.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Usersmeans any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited.
Nature of Information
- The information and opinions contained in the Website (“Information”) should not be regarded as or relied upon as being comprehensive information relating to the relevant matters. The Website has been prepared on the basis of information, data and materials which were available at the time of writing.Accordingly conclusions, opinions or judgements made should not be regarded as definitive or relied upon to the exclusion of other information, opinions and judgements.
- Any decisions made by you, or by any organisation, agency or person who has read, received or been provided with Information are decisions of yours or the relevant third party. We will not be liable for the consequences of any such decisions. In particular you and any recipient of Information must take into account any other factors apart from the Information of which you and your experts and advisers are or should be aware.
- The Information may relate to certain contexts and may not be suitable in other contexts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not use the information we provide in the wrong context.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the Information is accurate and up-to-date at the time of original publication but we cannot guarantee that the Information will be error-free. Any conclusions and judgements may be superseded following publication. We do not undertake to keep the Information or content of the Website up to date.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- The access to the Website which we grant to you following registration of your details or subsequent login with your details is for your sole use.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
- Certain information or functionality may only be available to registered members who have agreed to subscribe to the Website and our services (“Subscribers”).
- We may (but will not be obliged to) offer different types of subscription with different levels of access and functionality. We may also offer different subscription periods and we may allow you to subscribe annually or on some other periodic basis.
- We may (but will not be obliged to) offer a free trial period during which we allow you, for a limited period, to access functionality which is usually only available to subscribers. Once a trial period ends if you do not take out a subscription we reserve the right to withdraw your access to our services. We may, at our sole discretion, extend any trial period.
- Payment of applicable subscription fees will be by credit or debit card. Payment will be collected by a third party payment processor.
- Please note that in the event that you fail to pay any subscription fees which are due for your subscription we have the right to suspend your access to the Website immediately.
- If any fees paid or payable by you for your subscription are subsequently disputed by your bank or card provider and withdrawn from us by way of a chargeback or otherwise we have the right to suspend your access to the Website immediately.
- If you are a consumer you will be entitled to cancel your subscription up to 14 days after your subscription has started (“Cancellation Period”). We will refund your subscription fee if you cancel your subscription in the Cancellation Period. If you have accessed the Website during the cancellation period then we will only refund the unused portion of your advance subscription fee. You may use the cancellation form set out in our cancellation policy (but you are not obliged to do so).
- After the Cancellation Period you may cancel your subscription at any time in accordance with clause 18 below.
- If you are a business or professional user, or if you are a consumer and you wish to cancel your subscription after the Cancellation Period you may cancel your subscription at any time and your subscription will come to an end at the end of the then-current subscription period. We will not refund any advance subscription fees paid (other than as set out in paragraph 23).
- We reserve the right to close the Website at any time but we agree that if we do so, we will refund a pro rata proportion of any advance subscription fees paid.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- To the extent that the Website and Content are provided free of charge, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind. To the extent that you are a paid Subscriber our liability will be limited to the subscription fees paid by you for access to the Website.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- If you have any queries or wish to make any complaints about us or our services please contact email@example.com or write to us at 206 Upper Richmond Road West, London SW14 8AH. If we have been unable to resolve your complaint or dispute please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform which is available here:
Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited details
- Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09993013 whose registered address is 206 Upper Richmond Road West, London SW14 8AH and it operates the Website brexitfactbase.com.
- You can contact Richard Barfield Advisory Services Limited by email on firstname.lastname@example.org